Sunday, January 31, 2010

Things in Grandma-ma's house

Happy Sunday my raviolis.  Let's do another "things in grandma-ma's house". When you first walk through the front door, there is a small hallway that leads to the living room. Along that wall are lots of "favorite" things of grandma-ma's.  If you look to the right, you see this hanging on the wall:


What, you ask is that?  Well,it is a small Navajo rug called an "eye dazzler" and a small deer skull with antlers.  I found this at a local garage sale (when I lived in Flagstaff, Arizona) and knew it would look good on my wall as a deer totem with the Navajo rug.  I also added some Spanish Moss to the antlers. The Spanish Moss came from Marysville, Georgia, a small coastal village in Georgia.  I like antlers, and Uncle Aaron used to find them for me all of the time when we lived in Flagstaff.  Many American Indian tribes hold the deer totem sacred as it is considered a sacred carrier of peace and show those with this totem how to open their hearts and love unconditionally.  The deer totem also signifies love and protection of children, something that I have for all of you my raviolies. 

Now what is a totem?  A totem is any natural or mythical animal to whom you like or feel a close connection.   A bear signifes strength, a butterfly signifies change, a cat signfies agility, a dog signifies loyalty, and a monkey signifes curiousity.  Learning about animal totems is fun and they can teach us to be happier and stronger people. Click on this link,  ANIMAL TOTEMS and it will take you to a webpage that lists different animals and what they signify.  You can tell grandma-ma which animal totem you like.  Have a wonderful Sunday my raviolis.  Grandma-ma

No comments: