Monday, July 19, 2010

Cookie cutter sandwiches

When grandma-ma was a little girl, her mommy would take out the cookie cutters and make cookie cutter sandwiches for summertime lunch fun. 
Because my sisters and I and all of our friends were busy running and biking and swimming and playing dress up,we would often want to have little sandwich picnics during the day.  My mom would make bologna sandwiches and cheese sandwiches and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and even little "devil" ham spread sandwiches  on fresh bread.  But then she would turn them into fun little "tea" sandwiches by using different shape cookie cutters.

Here is a tea sandwich that is a star shape.  There are two pieces of meat and some cheese in the middle.


I like these fishie shaped sandwiches too.  They have cheese, egg salad and lettuce. They sure look good, don't they?

But this pictures is my favorite sandwich using a rabbit cookie cutter.  Do you know how they did this?

If you think  you do, leave a comment to tell grandma-ma.  It's not hard to do.  Look carefully to see what they did to do this.  Somebody made a sandwich puzzle.  Have a wonderful day my ravs.  Grandma-ma loves you.

No comments: